One of our most popular exhibitions is back again: Parklane Gallery is accepting entries for their Annual Winter Show of Small Works and Miniatures. This show is timed to take advantage of holiday shopping, and customers will be delighted to take treasures home with them after purchase instead of after the show closes. The Winter Show begins November 8 and runs through December 31.
Online entry at www.entrythingy.com
You can also find the shows in Entry Thingy by searching for
November Shows in Washington State.
- Best in Show $500
- 1st Place, Miniature $300
- 1st Place, Small Works $300
- 2nd Place, Miniature $300
- 2nd Place, Small Works $300
- Many Honorable Mentions
Entry Deadline: Friday, September 15, 2023
Notification of Acceptance: Friday, September 22, 2023
Deadline for arrival of accepted work (hand-carried): Sunday, October 15, 2023
Deadline for arrival of accepted work (shipped): Monday, October 16, 2023
Reception and Awards: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Unsold work pickup: Saturday and Sunday, December 30, 31
Unsold work requiring shipping will be shipped by January 15, 2024
Artists will enter all pieces (both small works and miniatures) under one submission, and the gallery will consider each piece in the appropriate category before jurying and judging awards.
Maximum size for each entry must not exceed 144 square inches including the frame. The longest side of the work must not exceed 13 inches.
Pieces entered that are smaller than 25 square inches,and exhibit an exceptional level of detail, are beautifully framed, and follow the accepted definition of miniature, will be consider will be exhibited in a separate “Miniatures” section of the show.
WIRING AND FRAMING REQUIREMENTS
1. All entries must be ready to hang, wired properly with D rings. On very small works a single D ring or sawtooth hanger is acceptable.
2. Unframed gallery-wrapped canvas and floater frames are accepted. No glass clips (glass without a frame covering the edges) will be accepted.
3. The back of traditionally framed work should be covered neatly with paper.
NOTE: pieces with folded table-top stands attached to the back of the work will not be accepted.
4. All entries must have clear labels SECURELY attached to the back (no sticky notes), including the following information:
- Artist Name
- Title of Art
$15 for the first piece, $5 per each additional pieces, up to seven pieces per artist.
Entry fees are part of the online registration process through EntryThingy.
PLEASE NOTE rules of entry, size and framing requirements. Parklane Gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not meet these requirements. All entry fees are non-refundable.
RULES OF ENTRY
1. All registration and entry for this show is done online. Please review the prospectus and enter online through EntryThingy.
2. Only original works by the artist will be accepted. Artists must ensure that the work does not infringe upon any copyrighted material or work by another artist.
3. All entries will be juried based on the image submitted with online registration. To best represent the work, follow these rules for each image submitted:
- Minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side
- Ensure that images of artwork are of good quality, in focus, and are representative of the original
- Take the photograph straight-on, not at an angle, without glare or reflection
- Crop so that there is no background clutter visible
4. All work must be for sale. Suggested minimum price is $100. There will be a 35% commission on sold work.
5. No wet work will be accepted.
6. Images of accepted entries may be used by Parklane Gallery to promote the show via publications and online.
7. When filling out the entry form, in the Dimensions space indicate the size of the ARTWORK (height x width). In the Description space include all relevant details such as medium, image and frame sizes. If accepted, the description will be used to describe the work in the online store.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK
Do not send in artwork before you receive an acceptance letter. Instructions for hand-delivery and shipping is included in acceptance letters, so read them carefully.
Parklane Gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not meet entry specifications. Upon arrival, some pieces will be held back for a “second showing” and will be hung as space becomes available. All artists will be notified of the status of their entries prior to the show.
For questions regarding the show, please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org