2022 Winter Show Prospectus
2022 Winter Show of Small Works and Miniatures
Parklane Gallery is accepting entries for their Annual Winter Show of Small Works and Miniatures, which runs from November 9 – December 31, 2022. Timed to take advantage of holiday shopping, customers will be delighted to take treasures home with them after purchase, instead of after the show closes. In previous years, nearly all of the pieces accepted as Second Showing were displayed during the show.
Online entry at www.entrythingy.com
You can also find the shows in Entry Thingy by searching for November Shows in Washington State.
- Best in Show $300
- 1st Place, Miniature $200
- 1st Place, Small Works $200
- 2nd Place, Miniature $150
- 2nd Place, Small Works $150
- Many Honorable Mention & Sponsor Awards
Entry Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: Monday, October 3, 2022
Deadline for arrival of accepted work: Monday, October 17, 2022
Reception and Awards: Saturday, November 12, 2022
Unsold work pickup: Sunday, January 1, 2023
Unsold work requiring shipping: Sunday, January 15, 2023
Artists will enter all pieces (both small works and miniatures) under one submission, and the gallery will consider each piece in the appropriate category before jurying and judging awards.
Maximum size for each entry must not exceed 144 square inches including the frame. The longest side of the work must not exceed 12 inches.
Pieces entered that are smaller than 25 square inches and exhibit an exceptional level of detail, following the accepted definition of miniature, will be considered miniatures and will be exhibited in a separate “Miniatures” section of the show.
WIRING AND FRAMING REQUIREMENTS
1. All entries must be ready to hang, wired properly with D rings. On very small works a single D ring or sawtooth hanger is acceptable.
2. Unframed gallery-wrapped canvas and floater frames are accepted for Small Works. No glass clips (glass without a frame covering the edges) will be accepted.
3. The back of traditionally framed work should be covered neatly with paper.
NOTE: pieces with folded table-top stands attached to the back of the work will not be accepted.
4. All entries must have clear labels SECURELY attached to the back, including the following information:
- Artist Name
- Title of Art
$15 for the first piece, $5 per each additional pieces, up to seven pieces per artist.
Entry fees are part of the online registration process through EntryThingy.
PLEASE NOTE rules of entry, size and framing requirements. Parklane Gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not meet these requirements. All entry fees are non-refundable.
RULES OF ENTRY
1. All registration and entry for this show is done online. Please review the prospectus and enter online through EntryThingy.
2. Only original works by the artist will be accepted. Artists must ensure that the work does not infringe upon any copyrighted material or work by another artist.
3. All entries will be juried based on the image submitted with online registration. To best represent the work, follow these rules for each image submitted:
- Minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side
- Ensure that images of artwork are of good quality, in focus, and are representative of the original
- Take the photograph straight-on, not at an angle, without glare or reflection
- Crop so that there is no background clutter visible
4. All work must be for sale. Suggested minimum price is $100. There will be a 35% commission on sold work.
5. No wet work will be accepted.
6. Images of accepted entries may be used by Parklane Gallery to promote the show via publications and online.
7. When filling out the entry form, in the Dimensions space indicate the size of the ARTWORK (height x width). In the Description space include all relevant details such as medium, image and frame sizes. If accepted, the description will be used to describe the work in the online store.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK
Instructions for hand-delivery and shipping is included in acceptance letters, so read them
- HAND DELIVERIES: Hand-delivery of accepted entries can be dropped off at Parklane Gallery, 130 Park Lane, Kirkland, during open hours between Oct 3 – 17.
- SHIPPED DELIVERIES: Packaged and shipped art should be carefully labeled and packed to avoid damage. It is recommended that you ship using a method that allows for tracking.
16250 141 st Ave SE
Renton WA 98058
Parklane Gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not meet entry specifications
For questions regarding the show, please email inquiries to email@example.com
Wed- Sun: 11-6
Mon - Tue: Closed